When high definition videos of large sizes are opened in VLC Media Player—the HD video doesn’t play perfectly at all times. The HD video freezes and skips a few frames while the audio plays perfectly. The video might hang a few seconds and loop around the same point again. This is an error that is not so rare to the users of VLC. Fortunately, there are a number of ways that you can try to fix the video lag.
There isn’t a single or perfect solution to fixing the choppy videos. If you have to play movie files that take up large GBs of space there are a couple of things we can do. The basic idea is to increase the number of seconds videos are cached. It doesn’t matter whether the videos are being played locally from a hard drive or from a network location. VLC needs to cache the video in the player itself while playing. We can increase the cache to ensure that the videos play smoothly. The other thing that improves HD video frame rate is switching the video output to DirectX DirectDraw or OpenGL. Make some changes in the video FFmpeg codec also seems to help.
So, to fix this video freezing issue try a combination of these methods till the video plays smoothly:
Increase Cache Values
Even when playing an offline video, VLC needs to cache it. It preloads a certain portion of the video from the hard drive to your computer’s main memory or RAM. From there, the player accesses it and plays it. It happens constantly as a video is being played. For HD videos, buffering larger portions to the memory helps with the constant lag.
Here’s how to increase file caching
- Open Tools > Preferences [CTRL + P].
- In Show settings select the All
- In Advanced settings, click on the parent option that says Input / Codecs.
- In Input / Codecs scroll down to the options under the heading Advanced.
- Change the values for File caching (ms) from 300 to a higher value like 1000 or 2000. The value is in milliseconds.
Note: You can also change the values for Network caching (ms) and Disc caching (ms) to see whether it improves your playback performance. Network caching is for files that are stored on a network but are being played in your current system.
Change Video Output Settings
- In the menu bar, click on Tools > Preferences [CTRL + P].
- From the options present, click on Video.
- In Video Settings, under Output change the value from Automatic to DirectX (DirecDraw) video output. Try OpenGL video output as well.
- Click Save.
FFmpeg Loop Filter Skipping
- Open up Tools > Preferences [CTRL + P].
- Under Show settings click the radio button that says All to switch from Simple to Advanced Preferences.
- Navigate to Input / Codecs > Video Codecs > FFmpeg.
- Under FFmpeg audio/video decoder find the option that says Skip the loop filter for H.264 decoding.
- Change it from None to All.
Additional and Optional Step
- In the same FFmpeg audio/video decoder settings, find Hardware decoding and ensure the value is Disable.
Click Save at the end.
The Free Trial Ended for NFPS on July 15th if you want to continue getting NFPS then make sure you are running KODI 15 RC2 or above and go here since they focus mostly on NFPS and Rocket private access
For those who arent aware you can watch live tv from a number of locations using something called IPTV, now normally this requires an IPTV Receiver (mag250, mag254 and avov) but using your current android device (yes this works for all the android boxes i have) and an application called STB Emulator you can achieve same service without needing to purchase additonal hardware.
Three methods to connect to IPTV Server
Using STB Emulator it emulates the tv interface of a mag250 box.
Pros: Allows you to connect multiple iptv servers, Video on Demand works and you’re able to view password protected channels (adult channels, If you have a paid iptv server this method might be the only method that works.
1. Download STB Emulator 0.5.22
Thanks to Psycon for STB Emulator Ver 0.6.01
2. If you want the ability to preview the channel before making it full screen use the VLC plugin method, Even though in my experience this crashes more often. Use External Player with MX PLayer for best results
If you want to choose external player download and install MX Player
If you use VLC plugin for media playback make sure to install VLC.
3. Follow my youtube video
4. I know in the video i said tv_ssytem_res for the resolution but choose 1280×720 so everything displays correctly on the Fire TV
Snapshot of STB Emulator working on the CURRENTLY free IPTV Test Servers
Main Thread of addon http://iptvtalk.org/showthread.php?1…ent-pvr-add-on
Pros: You dont need MX player since it uses KODI built-in player
1. Download pvr.stalker.client-android-arm-0.5.zip
2. Enable Live TV (Settings – Live TV – General – Enable)
3. Enabel Stalker Client PVR Addon and configure a MAC address
4. Restart Kodi and a TV option will appear
Main Thread of addon http://iptvtalk.org/showthread.php?2…-any-plataform
Pros: Runs on older version of XBMC and KODI, Method #2 doesnt work on XBMC 13.2
1 – Download
2 – Open the Kodi
3 – Add-on -> Install from zip
4 – Go to config and set up what you want
5 – enjoy
– Up to 3 Portals
– Force Clear Cache (Context menu on each portal)
– Channel groups
– Channel logos
– Parental lock (Default password 0000)
STB Emulator working on a another service
STB Emulator working on a mexican service