Step 1: Check your home network
- If you’re using a wireless network, use your Apple TV menu to check your signal strength: Go to Settings, then General, then About.
- Low signal strength could be improved by making sure your Apple TV is within range of your base station and there’s no interference. Get more info about sources of wireless interference so you know what to avoid.
- Lastly, if the above steps didn’t help, try using a wired (Ethernet) connection. If your playback improves, it’s a sign that your Wi-Fi base station or router is faulty.
Step 2: Update your Apple TV software
- To check for available updates, go to Settings, then General, then Update software.
- If an update appears, click Download and Install to start the process.
Step 3: Change your network settings
- From your Apple TV menu, select: Settings, followed by General, then Network and then Configure TCP/IP.
- On the Network Setup screen, select Automatically.
- Restart your Apple TV and router.